To see the most recent 31 days of Finding Balance, just click the tab below.

31 Days to Finding Balance

Monday, August 11, 2008

It's A Sad Day!!

We lost our sweet dog Brody today. He has not been himself lately, and this afternoon I went outside with the kids and Brody was laying in his favorite spot in the dirt under some bushes. I didn't thing anything of it, I thought he was just sleeping, it's not unusual for him to just lay there where it's cool and watch the kids. About an hour later the kids told me Brody still hadn't moved, so I went to check on him. Well he wouldn't wake up and I could tell he wasn't breathing, so I tried to keep my composure (when really I was dying inside) and got the kids in the house and called hubby at work to come home. Rob is out in the back forty digging a spot for my boy to rest. I have to go out and put his americana bandana on and give him some loves. Brody has been the sweetest, best dog I have owned in my 35 years. He is going to be very missed!!

On that note, one of my day care kids, who happens to be my little cousin, is just the sweetest thing ever! He could tell I was very upset, he walked up to me with the biggest hug and told me he was sorry and that it would be ok!! Love that little guy, ok he's 8, but still he knew just what I needed!!

9 comments:

Heather said...

I have tears in my eyes. We lost our 2 big dogs a couple months ago and I know exactly how you feel! They were our babies before we could actually have babies! My heart goes out to you girl!*hugs*
(I do have to say, I checked out your profile at SIS and you've been doing some AMAZING scrapbook pages lately! Love the new pic!)
Take care love!
H

scrapnic72 said...

Lori, I'm so sorry for your loss. Take all the time you need to be sad and cry and mourn this sweet dog.

N.

Unknown said...

So sorry, Lo-Lo! On a happy note, Lizzy asked about you today! She wanted to go to Lo-Lo's house! :)

Thinking of you!

Tracy :)

Anna M said...

Honey,

I am typing this with tears in my eyes.

I am sooo sorry for you. My heart is with you as you and your family go through this.

Rest in knowing that he passed in his favorite spot and that you guys were a good family to him.

I'm sorry again. Please let me know if I can do anything.

I love you!

Lisa said...

I'm so sorry. I have a very old dog and I know it's just a matter of time. They are part of the family and it hurts. Hugs to you!

cinnibonbon said...

Ohhh I am so very sorry for your fur baby.
I know how difficult this is.
Girl you're in my thought!!!

Big Hugs and Kisses!!

Anonymous said...

Lolo,
Honey, My eyes are full right now. I am so very sorry. You know I definatly know how hard this is. It's only been 7 weeks since we lost our beloved Quest. I can only tell you to say Thank You to Brody's gentle spirit for being a loving and faithful friend and remember that you will see him again at Rainbow Bridge. Time heals but sweet memories linger. cherish them and smile.
Love You, Auntie C

Anonymous said...

Awwwwwwww! Lori! I am so sorry girl! What a terrible day for you! I hope your heart heals soon! I didn't remember that being your dog's name! Looks like I named my son after him! LOL Brody lives on!

Greta Adams said...

awww girl i am sooooo sorry to hear that about brody!!

big hugs to you...